Forklift Training at Client Site
Training at your location
Wallace Instructors attend company premises and using your facilities, we deliver training and certification on a machine type of your choice. Training is suitable for:
- Novice operators requiring a 'first time' certificate
- For people with some forklift background but no formal training
- Re-certification and/or conversion courses for existing experienced operators
At the end of training operators take a practical test and a simple written theory assessment to ensure confirmation of learning.
Please raise concerns about literacy or language comprehension (or about fitness to operate machinery) at time of booking or when on assessment.
Company sponsored operators certificates normally show the name of the company. A PDF certificate for successful operators is emailed the company/sponsor.
For one forklift machine type, On-Site training typical duration is:
- Novice Operators: if 3 delegates attend we recommend 5 days, if 2 delegates attend we recommend 4 days, for 1 delegate we receommend 3 days.
- Experienced Operators : if 3 delegates attend we recommend 3 days, if 2 delegates attend we recommend 2 days, for 1 delegate we recommend 2 days.
- Refresher & Re-Certification : up to three delegates may attend - 1 day.
For experience operators, without previous formal training or anyone needing correct tuition, 1 day may not be enough time to develop/improve their operating skills & revise the necessary theoretical knowledge of safe working practices and relevant legislation.
Instructors’ travel to your premises FREE of CHARGE providing it's within half-an-hour of Park Royal. Any congestion zone charges would be on top of our training fees.
Training is usually Monday to Friday. Saturday 20% additional charge, Shift/Night training is available at additional cost, please ask for details:
Up to 3 Operators per day:
Counterbalance - £255 + VAT per day
Reach - £255 + VAT per day
Flexi / Bendi Trucks - £255 + VAT per day
Transportable Forklift (Moffett) - £315 +VAT per day
Pedestrian Operator - Up to 6 Operators training on the day £255 +VAT pr day
In addition to training fees RTITB NORS Registration £5.30+VAT per operator
Wallace Photo card £10+VAT - per operator
Wallace Laminated Certificate £9.60+VAT - per operator
We usually only require 7 - 10 days to arrange, but if you need specific dates or times please give more notice.
On Site training requirements include:
- A quiet area/room (with power supply) which is suitably lit, heated and ventilated for Theory Instruction/Test
- Un-interrupted use of truck & equipment, all in sound mechanical condition, with legible capacity plate
- An area of at least 8m x 5m, ideally 12m x 6m (25ft x 15ft, ideally 40ft x 20ft) and minimum 5.5m (17ft) high with smooth floor free from ruts and holes
- Racking which should be at least 4m (12ft) high* with high, intermediate & floor levels to stack/de-stack either loaded pallets or loaded steel stillages
- If your operation does not involve racking, a restricted certificate can be issued relevant to your company premises.
- 15 – 20 pallets in good condition in addition to any used in training (for setting up the chicane exercise)